Teacher professional development provides in-depth energy literacy training using the same hands-on methods teachers are encouraged to use in their classrooms. Materials provided are designed to integrate science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The teacher instructional guides are correlated to national and state learning standards and are easily incorporated into existing instruction. NEF brands professional development events and customizes messaging to fulfill outreach and education goals. NEF works closely with state departments of education so teachers and administrators have the confidence in the value these teaching experiences bring to the classroom.
While participation in NEF professional development workshops help teachers reach educational credit requirements, sponsoring a workshop is a great way to contribute to the energy conversation in schools.
Teacher Development Includes:
- Half, full or multiday learning experiences
- Instructional kits
- Curriculum and instructional guides
- Wide range of energy literacy topics
- Professional energy educators
- Content correlated to state teaching requirements
- Professional development/relicensure credits when applicable
Teacher Development Audience:
- K–12 teachers
- Media specialists